The scheme is open to people who would be a priority for re-housing with a local council or housing association. Your local council can tell you if this applies to you but in the first instance you must be able to answer yes to all of the following:
- Your home is in danger of being repossessed. That is, your lender has indicated the intention to repossess your home.
- You will be homeless if the property is repossessed.
- The property is your only or main residence.
- The property is clear of any legal reasons that would prevent it being sold.
- You are unable to sell and buy a cheaper home locally.
- You are disabled and have had adaptations carried out to your home
If you think that you may be eligible for assistance under the Mortgage Rescue Scheme, contact the Housing Options Team for more information on 01495 742302